Head of Space Applications Department
BHE Bonn Hungary Electronics Ltd.
• MS Degree in Electrical Engineering (Summa cum laude), Technical University,
• Budapest, Doctoral Degree, Technical University, Budapest,
• Knowledge of space technology with practical results (participation in VEGA and other missions).
• Signal and digital image processing with different technologies (FPGA, GPU, DSP …)
• RF and Radar signal processing (encoding modulation, demodulation…)
Most important working positions:
• Head of Space Applications Department – BHE Electronics Ltd. (Budapest, Hungary / 2009 – still)
• Senior Engineer, IT Specialist, President, – HTech Inc. (Concord, MA USA / 1987-2009)
• Professor – Boston University, Met. College, Computer Sciences. Division (Boston / 1988-2004)
• Project Engineer – Design Automation Inc. (Lexington, MA USA / 1981-1983 and 1985-1987)
• Scientific Research Fellow – TU Budapest, Microwave Telecommunications Dept, Space Research Group (Budapest, Hungary / 1971-1985)
Awards, Patents, Publications:
• Hungarian State Award, for the Data Collection System of the VEGA (Venus/Halley) spacecrafts.
• Patents: holds five US and two Hungarian patents (detailed list available upon request).
Theory and Practice: BHEs cooperation with educational organizations
Cooperation forms: Student part time work, consultation for thesis’s, summer vacation employments etc.
About 20-25 students per year. In several cases the conclusion is employment at BHE.
Educational partners:BME, OE, ELTE, SzTE, SzIE
– SAR (Synthetic Aperture Radar) controller and image processing system development. Student participation in circuit design, testing, algorithm design and programming.
– Participation in Space projects: encoders, modulators, decoders.
Students are experiencing their acquired knowledge in practice with actual problems and development environments. Examples are: FPGA design environments, GPU technology etc. BHE pays special attention to involve the students into state of the art technologies.
From decades of experience BHE accumulated practical ideas to make the cooperation more efficient:
– more governmental support for the companies which are cooperating in the practical education
– allow to pay the professional education support directly to the faculties or departments